Get ready to tick off items from your bucket list with our ultimate guide to Las Vegas, designed for all travelers seeking a memorable experience in this electrifying city. Whether you’re a seasoned Vegas veteran or visiting for the first time, this comprehensive guide is brimming with ideas for your trip. From riding the Big Apple Roller Coaster at New York-New York, to trying the local flavors of the Downtown Las Vegas food scene, this article will provide you with a comprehensive list of the ultimate Las Vegas bucket list for all travelers.
Unique Things to Do in Las Vegas
From the famous casinos and resorts to the vibrant nightlife and world-class shows, there is something for everyone in Las Vegas. You may have heard of some of the famous highlights on the strip and iconic hotels, so let’s first take a look at some of the unique sights the city has to offer:
- Take advantage of Stadium Swim at Circa: This rooftop pool and bar is a popular destination for those looking to relax and enjoy the sun. Circa Stadium Swim® is a must-visit for those who want to watch sports on huge outdoor screens while they lay at the pool. It’s located at Circa Las Vegas, but those staying at the D get complimentary access.
- Visit the famous Golden Gate Hotel and Casino: This historic hotel and casino is the oldest in Las Vegas and offers a unique blend of old-world charm and modern amenities. Take a stroll down Fremont Street and stop by Golden Gate for a drink where it all started in Las Vegas. If you’re looking for more history, play some Sigma Derby at the D!
- Explore the largest sportsbook in the world at Circa Las Vegas: For sports fans, a visit to the largest sportsbook in the world is a must. With cutting-edge technology and a variety of betting options, you’re sure to have a great time at Circa Las Vegas.
- Go on a hike near Las Vegas to escape the city: Escape the city with a trip outside of Las Vegas to experience the stunning natural beauty. From scenic hikes to drives, nature lovers will find plenty to see and do. Check out popular destinations like Red Rock Canyon, Mount Charleston, and Lake Mead National Recreation Area for unique landscapes such as towering red rock formations, serene lakes, and rolling mountains.
- Try the local flavors at Downtown Las Vegas food scene: For a taste of the local culture, head to Downtown Las Vegas. This area is home to a variety of unique and locally-owned restaurants, bars, and food trucks, offering a diverse range of cuisine options. Victory Burger, Saginaw’s Delicatessen, Le Thai, Eat, and Evel Pie are a few great eateries to try while you’re here.
Las Vegas Food Bucket List
Las Vegas boasts a vibrant culinary scene with dining options to fit every taste and budget, from renowned buffets to unique food and drinks, classic steakhouses, and adventurous street food. Here’s top 5 must-try food experiences in Las Vegas:
- Experiencing the unique food and drink offerings at the D Hotel and Casino: The D Hotel and Casino offers a variety of unique dining experiences, including the award-winning Andiamo Steakhouse and Bacon Nation.
- Sampling the flavors of the world-renowned buffets: Las Vegas is famous for its all-you-can-eat buffets, which offer a vast array of international cuisine and are a must-try for foodies visiting the city. Come in for brunch with bottomless mimosas, or try it for dinner with some prime rib.
- Indulging in classic Vegas steakhouses: For a taste of classic Vegas-style dining, head to one of the city’s many steakhouses. From high-end options like Barry’s Downtown Prime to more casual restaurants like Ellis Island, there is something for every steak lover in Las Vegas.
- Trying the adventurous street food scene: For a taste of something more adventurous, head out and sample the street food offerings. From classic street food favorites like hot dogs and pretzels to unique and innovative options like Thai street food and BBQ food trucks, there is something for every taste and budget.
- Tasting the local cuisine at farmers markets: Discover the local food scene in Las Vegas by visiting farmers markets. Fresh52 Farmers & Artisan Market and the Las Vegas Farmers Market offer fresh produce, artisanal food, unique finds, and the chance to meet local farmers, chefs, and food artisans.
Las Vegas Bucket List for Adventure Seekers
Las Vegas is not just about glitz and glam, it also offers a range of exciting and adventurous activities for thrill-seekers. From skydiving over the Las Vegas Strip to indoor skydiving, there is something for everyone looking for a rush of adrenaline. Here’s 5 must-do activities for adventure seekers:
- Racing exotic cars on the track: Looking for some adrenaline-pumping fun? Test your driving skills by speeding around the track in exotic cars like Ferraris and McLarens.
- Zip-lining at the SlotZilla in Downtown Las Vegas: Soar over the city on the high-flying SlotZilla zip line in Downtown Las Vegas where you’ll get the best view of Fremont Street.
- Taking a hot air balloon ride over the Mojave Desert: Take in the breathtaking views of the Mojave Desert from a unique perspective on a hot air balloon ride.
- Shooting guns at the range: Ever want to hunt some zombies? Head to the shooting range where you can have a unique time shooting a range of guns and (paper) enemies.
- Riding the Big Apple Roller Coaster at New York-New York: Thrill-seekers can experience the excitement of the Big Apple Roller Coaster at the New York-New York hotel and casino.
There is something for everyone when visiting Las Vegas. For travelers staying at the D Hotel and Casino, the options are endless and you receive access to Stadium Swim and the hotel’s own unique food and drink offerings. It’s the perfect place to call home while staying here and is near all the best things beyond the hotel, such as exploring the largest sportsbook in the world at Circa Las Vegas and savoring the flavors of the local food scene in Downtown Las Vegas. So why not start planning your trip to Vegas and start crossing items off this bucket list?