Ready to hit the tables during your upcoming vacation to Vegas? If so, make sure you’re fully apprised of all the standard Las Vegas casino games, rules, tips and tricks, and etiquette well before you rest your elbows on the table. If you have a casino-focused Vegas vacation on the calendar, you’ll not only have more fun when you know all the ins and outs of the various games you’ll encounter, but you might even come home with a bigger pot of winnings!
Read on to learn more about gambling in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas Casino Etiquette
- Nevada law stipulates that no one under the age of 21 may gamble or otherwise spend idle time in a casino, so if you’re not of age to legally gamble in the State of Nevada, wait until you are!
- Though casinos tend to be loud, exciting places, that doesn’t give anyone the right to act offensively or unprofessionally. Even if you’re winning big, it’s important to keep in mind that there might be others near you who aren’t. Keep it low-key, even if you’re cleaning out the place.
- Know the casino’s dress code and be respectful of house rules regarding dress. While few casinos mandate anything more than shoes and shirts, there are some who require specific formalities.
Las Vegas Casino Games
- Blackjack: Sometimes referred to as ‘21’, it’s almost impossible to walk through a casino and not see a line of Blackjack tables. The object is simple – you play against the dealer and try to get as close to 21 as you can without going over.
- Craps: Perhaps the loudest and most boisterous of all table games, Craps is a bit more complicated than some of the other leading table games you may encounter in Las Vegas, but don’t let that intimidate you. Learn the basics of how to bet and what the basic slang words refer to, and you’ll be ready to toss the dice in no time.
- Roulette: This game of chance is certainly popular in Las Vegas (though not more so than in Europe), and the betting scheme that a player must learn is pretty basic. A wheel marked with one through thirty-six and 0 and 00 is spun, bets are placed, a ball is dropped and money is made – or lost. The truly fun part about Roulette is that there are numerous betting options available, from odds or evens to reds or blacks to betting on a series of unique numbers, and more.
- Baccarat: You don’t have to be 007 to enjoy this game – especially when you discover just how simple it really is. Here’s the basic premise: you either bet on the player or the bank (the casino), cards are dealt, and the side that comes closest to 9 wins! It’s easy to play yet big on sophistication.
- Poker: You can’t visit Las Vegas without playing at least one hand at Poker, so find a table with a comfortable limit and get to it. There’s quite a lot to learn before becoming a top poker player, but most casinos offer classes on poker and other table games that’ll get you up to speed quickly.
These are the most common table games you’ll encounter at a Las Vegas casino, but here’s the really staggering statistic: nearly half of Las Vegas gaming revenue was from slots in 2015! Slot machines allow the beginner gambler to test their luck without the high stakes of a large-limit table game, and are great for those new to the world of gambling.
Finding a Good Las Vegas Casino
- Casinos are like restaurants – always go to those that are consistently busy, and if locals think it’s a good spot, so should you.
- The Downtown Las Vegas (DTLV) area is incredible when it comes to gambling. Casinos like the D or the Plaza are acutely focused on keeping gamers entertained, while also offering amazing accommodations at low prices.
- Find a player’s club and sign up right away. Club One is a terrific player’s club that can be used at both Golden Gate Hotel & Casino and the D. Comps, points and more are the real-world benefits of joining a player’s club.
- Casinos in DTLV tend to offer more bang for the buck – as well as a lower cost of entry to play table games and slots. If you’re looking for the excitement of a casino without being forced to spend $15 on a beer or place a $20 minimum bet at the tables, DTLV is the place to be.
For more information about planning a casino vacation, contact the reservations line at The D Las Vegas today!